Putting the "fun" back in Dysfunctional

Putting the "fun" back in Dysfunctional

Monday, September 3, 2012

WILD PASTS--HEADLINES FOR THE REST OF US

In my job, I see some smaller newspapers and websites that address news less-earthshaking than what appears in the larger daily papers across the world. Today, murder, theft, and mayhem is standard on television and newspapers, only if you matter. If Beyonce gets a haircut, that's news. If some teenager in Oakland gets shot, well, it goes unreported. So I offer a taste of the small town news for the rest of us. Since, I use Facebook to post these blogs, I offer you headlines for FB friends. Nothing earthshaking here. Instead of 15 minutes, I offer 15 seconds of  "fame"--to my nameless friends. Headlines only for brevity and effect.
  • BLOGGER/WRITER FALLS OFF LADDER AGAIN--NOTHING BROKEN THIS TIME--Family members wonder, "Will he ever learn?"
  • FB FRIEND SEES GHOSTS
  • 100% FB FRIENDS ADMIT TO WILD PASTS
  • TALENTED FB FRIEND WANTS TO SCREAM SOMETIMES
  • AUTHOR SAYS WRITING PROJECT "CREEPED" HER OUT
  • MAN HEARS VOICES FROM HIS PAST
  • BAJA DOGS NEED LOVE TOO
  • TWO-YEAR OLD THROWS TANTRUM--NO CHEERIOS
  • BIRTHDAYS SUCK SAYS FB FRIEND
Finally, since one of my FB acquaintances is actually famous, I offer you an actual headline.
  • EMMY-WINNING ACTRESS ADMITS TO BEING "LUSH"
Check out the book "Guts" for more on that.

Hope this amuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment